H1B Visa 2014: Approximately around 124,000 petitions were received by the USCIS with in the first 5 days of April 2013, for the Fiscal Year 2014. The lottery process to select the 20,000 petitions to be further adjudicated under master’s category and the 65,000 petitions to be further adjudicated under general category (which included the remaining advanced degree category petitions not selected under master’s category) has been COMPLETE this Sunday, April 7th 2013.
As expected a computer-generate random selection process was used to select the sufficient number of petitions to be further processed.
Check the H1B 2014 USCIS Lottery Process followed by the USCIS for Fiscal Year 2014
Selected Petitions List sent to Processing Centers
The list of the selected petitions is sent to the appropriate service centers for further adjudication of the petitions. The service centers would then continue with the final processing on those petitions.
Selected Petitions Receive Receipt Letter
In regards to all the petitions selected through the lottery process, the petitioners will receive a receipt notice, with the EAC Number, useful to track the status of your petition.
USCIS returns unselected Petitions with Fee
The USCIS will return those petitions not selected in the lottery to the respective petitioners along with the fee. It is also important to know that the duplicate filings will be returned without the fee.
Some of the petitions would be marked “wait-listed” by the USCIS and those petitions were also selected under the lottery. These wait-list petitions may possibly replace petitions selected under the lottery for Fiscal Year 2014, but are subsequently denied, withdrawn, or otherwise found ineligible. USCIS will retain these petitions until a decision is made whether they will replace a previously selected petition
For those petitions applied under premium processing, USCIS will begin premium processing for H-1B cap cases on April 15, 2013.
According to the statistics provided by the USCIS, we would assume about 65 percent of the candidates would hold a chance to get their petitions reviewed for further processing. About 35 percent of the petitions would be rejected for the Fiscal Year 2014.